Thursday, September 23, 2010

100


I have always had an aversion to blogging, maybe because I doubted I would be able to stick with it, or maybe because every time I read back something I've written, I feel like I sound stupid. Regardless, I have had a desire lately to start one, so I have decided to blog for the next 100 days.

I am only doing it for 100 days partially because for me to stick with anything, I need to have a clear goal and ending point in sight. I am also only doing it for 100 days because that is how many days are left until Andrew and I get married. 100 days until I am no longer a half-child and become a full-fledged adult. You know what I mean when I say half-child? I may be 21 years old, but I still feel a bit like a child when I am at home or with my family. It is a wonderful feeling, really. But I am not fully financially responsible for myself and I still go about the world a little wide-eyed and ignorant, therefore I am a half-child. Anyways, 100 days until I start checking the married box on documents and paying the bills, or in other words, until I become an adult.


So, here it goes. This is blog post #100, since I will be counting down. Andrew and I already have a lot done on the wedding, but I don't want to tell everything at once, so for this post I will just reveal our incredible venue. It is called the Victory Arts Center, and will take place in the room pictured above! It is so beautiful, and just happens to be blue and yellow, two of our wedding colors. Fantastic!


Today I decided to treat myself to a few things that never fail to make me happy. I got a brand new sketch book, some pencils, a purse, a beautiful scarf, and some panda express. The only thing that could have made that array of things better would have been a coke, but I have decided (don't hold me to this) not to have another coke until the wedding. I was thinking we could do our toast with glass bottle cokes, so not drinking one until then would just make that moment even sweeter! 100 days without a coke though.... I might not make it a week.







3 comments: